Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Breathless and Grounded

I should be boarding a plane to London right now, but instead I'm in bed. X-Rays yesterday showed less pneumonia, but my condition was still deemed too risky to travel. Turns out it's a risky day to go to London, anyway! The country's been hit by blizzards that may delay flights and other travel plans. I may have pneumonia but at least I'm tucked up in bed right now instead of stuck in an airport.

If x-rays on Saturday show my pneumonia is clearing, the new plan involves me flying on Sunday night, arriving Monday morning the 11th and going to Oxford that day to be present for university orientation the following day. The part I'm missing is the 2-day London study abroad orientation organized by IFSA Butler, my study abroad program.

I wanted to put a picture in this post but I didn't think pneumonia-rich lung x-rays would appeal.

2 comments:

  1. I mean, remember how excited I was to direct you to the pictures on Wikipedia? I thought it was kind of cool. It'd be like, "Hey, there's Katie's lungs. ... Sweet," and then your day goes on like nothing happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having sat through both my program's orientation and UB's orientation, I can at least console you with the fact that orientations are a bummer and you are missing the most boring part. Not that that really helps when you're stuck with pneumonia, but still...

    ReplyDelete